June 27, 2012

Meet Jillian from Catch My Party..

Catch My Party!
Jillian, owner and director of Catch My Party!

"Catch My Party is a the place to find incredible party ideas and inspiration, share party photos, and connect with people who love entertaining.
For those of you looking to be inspired, Catch My Party is the best party resource on the web with hundreds of real parties to browse and enjoy. If your passion is for throwing parties, Catch My Party is the place to show off all your creativity and flair by adding your party photos to our site.
Catch My Party is for everyone, because honestly, who doesn't love a great party?"

The above is a statement from owner Jillian, and I love how she promotes and shares everyday parties. For a non-event stylist, to see all your hard work shared and inspiring others, it is the biggest thrill.  I just had to know more about the brilliant business and who better to tell us than Jillian herself.



What do you love most about your job?
"I love showing off people's creativity from all over the world. It inspires me! Plus, I love getting a glimpse into people's celebrations. Parties are a time when people are at their happiest, so our site is all about sharing that feeling."
What makes Catch my Party so unique?
"The fact that most of the parties on our site are real and not staged, makes our site unique. There's a real energy to the site because it's been created by so many people. Also, it's a true community."
What has been your proudest moment with your businesses?
"My proudest moments come from people emailing me, telling me how much our site has inspired them or helped them or how appreciative they are that I've acknowledged what they've done."
What has inspired you this week?
"My daughter is my biggest inspiration. We just recently moved from Santa Monica to Palo Alto, and she was really nervous about the whole thing. But she has risen to the occasion and embraced the unknown with so much courage. I find that very inspiring."
How do you make time for Catch my party?
"My schedule is never the same, so the way I make time for Catch My Party is to give it my full attention when I'm working on it, it can be 10 minutes or 10 hours. I can tune everything else out and just focus. I've learned to do this out of necessity. :)" 
What's in store for 2012?
"We've got a lot of things in store, including a new look for the site, but I don't want to say any more. :)" 
What Party trends do you love right now?
"I'm a big fan of quatrefoil right now. It's a really cool pattern. Plus, consistently, I love anything and everything shabby chic. I really admire things that look classy and effortless." 
What Party trends are you over right now?
"It's funny, when I think I'm over something, someone will invariably reinvent it. For example I was over pom poms, but now they're showing up mixed with other elements like paper lanterns or in big bunches, and I love them all over again." 
FUN FACTS ABOUT JILLIAN:

-Favorite Colour & why? 
Green, it makes me happy and it's the color of nature.

-Fav Holiday Spot?
Hawaii! It relaxes me like no place else.

-Food you couldn't live without? 
Chocolate

-Fav Facebook Page? 
Not a Facebook page, but I'm all about Pinterest for ideas

-Fav item of clothing? 
Platform pumps!

Lastly...finish this sentence.....

"When I was little, I always wanted to be creative."


Thank you so much Jillian for such a wonderful and insightful interview. I look forward to seeing your new website in the near future! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved